04 August 2010

BEDA #4 Mushy Brains.

I have this theory that my desk directly reflects my brain activity at any certain point in time. Right now my mind is a mess. I have so many thoughts and reminders in my head that it feels so full and squished. My desk is the same way. I have all these little things I put on it so that I will remember and not lose them. For example, I have a little button reminding me to sew it back on the jacket it fell from. I have measuring tape for measuring the space my dorm room will be.* I also have things I care about. I have a picture my family sent of themselves in my birthday card. I have all my birthday gifts on my desk. I don't want to put any of them away because I want to remember to write thank you notes. Then there is the paper issue. I accumulate so much paper on my desk that I need to hire someone to go paperless. Papers to shred, papers to file, papers to reply, to do lists, jokes, and junk all litter my little corner of my room. The only corner that is paid the least attention to but deserves the most. What i find strange is that its summer! I would have thought I would be more organized. All I have to do is organize and maintain my room, but no. Its messier than when I'm in school. Does this mean that my brain is more function able in school? I hope so. It would be scary if it was more mushy during the fall, winter, and spring rather then the summer.

There is so much to do. I have to plan for my party on Saturday. I haven't really made a solid start. Its Wednesday...gahh!! I'm most anxious nobody will have fun...maybe my messy brain will think of something.

Today I saw: an advanced screening of "Little Fockers" which is the third installment of the "Meet the Parents" series. I hope its the last one because I think we've had enough.
Today I heard: A new band called Anberlin. They have a cool sound. I impulsively** bought their CD "New Surrender."
Today I tasted: The sweetness of a free cinnamon swirl coffee cake from Starbucks.
Today I smelled: the sweet mildew of what the ET and Peter Pan ride smells like. Its one of my favorite smells, not matter how gross that is.
Today I touched: a rolly polly trying to take refuge in my stockroom. Little did he know that its much more dangerous in there than outside.

Happy surprise of the day: I found out Jakob Dylan is the lead singer of The Wallflowers. Totally random right? I had no idea and here I thought he was a new artist but he's been around for years!

I see you.

k

*I want to find the measurements for my closet at UCLA so that I can create a mock one here.

**I also impusivley purchase The Wallflowers CD, The Eurythmics, and 20 other 80's pop singles. :/ I just couldnt help myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment