01 April 2011

frozen vegetables for my entree and rainbows sprinkles for dessert

 Why is it when you have a to-do list you find so many reasons to not do anything on the list?
It's like when you have to sit and write and essay or read for class, you find a million little other tasks to complete first,
                   
                  My bathroom really is disgusting, I should scrub my shower till it shines...

                   I better organize my calendar for next week..

                   I must watch BUFFY! 

I have this terrible habit of  ignoring things that solely make my life easier. I'll totally write that business e-mail, or pay my credit card on time, will I go grocery shopping? no. I'll just mope and eat frozen vegetables for my entree and rainbows sprinkles for dessert.

But today was different!..sort of. I woke up at 10 when I wanted to wake up at 8. (fail), then it took me two hours to get ready, which it would have taken me 30 minutes except that I HAD to watch an episode of Modern Family, and that adorable episode of 30 Rock.*

But after I pulled myself away from the computer I went to the library and got a book that I'll probably not have time for in the first place but maybe in some parallel universe there is another me, someone who doesn't forget what she's doing 5 minutes after she's started.

I mailed stuff, and stuff does include my Netflix movie and a pair shoes I was supposed to send 3 weeks ago, and then sat in my Mom's office for 3 hours doing nothing, just chatting.

In a sense I feel accomplished, I accomplished a bunch of small tasks but ignored all my required reading.  That's probably why I ignore it, because its required. I wish I could trick myself to read the same way parents do by putting cheese on vegetables to get kids to eat them. I mean I'll totally read books, but books about things that I then have to regurgitate on a multiple choice test? No.I will NOT; I hate multiple choice anyways...

 It took me 2 hours to begin writing this post too! I redesigned my page layout for 2 hours then decided to write this...I'll try to be better. But don't require it.

My daily food gawker drool session:



* the one where everyone creates an elaborate scheme to get Liz laid so that she'll stop being a crazy cat lady....classic.



Buffy: Season 3 episode 3.
BEDA post: #1
Guilty pleasure: honey and cream cheese on Wheat Thins



No comments:

Post a Comment